Oh, those little squishy pearls of greatness, Chia Seeds, are acclaimed as a superfood. "Chia" means strength. Chia seeds are so beneficial due to being rich in Fiber, Omega-3 fats, Protein, and Vitamins. Some of the top Chia seed benefits are:
- Skin & Aging: The Chia Seed is one of nature's richest antioxidant. Antioxidants speed up the skin's repair system and prevent further damage.
- Digestive Health: Chia is super high in Fiber. Being high in dietary fiber helps promote bowel regularity and healthy stool.
- Help Treat Diabetes: Chia Seeds help prevent metabolic disorders like dyslipidemia (excessive fat in the blood), balance blood sugar levels, and insulin resistance.
- Heart Health: Chia Seeds are able to reverse inflammation, lower blood pressure, and regulate cholesterol.
- Boost your Energy and Metabolism: By adding Chia Seeds to your diet you can help to boost your metabolism and burn belly fat too!
- Stronger Bones: Just one ounce of Chia Seeds has %18 of the recommended daily amount of Calcium. Chia also has boran which is another essential nutrient for bone health. The seed is great for people who don't eat dairy.
- Builds Muscle and Weight Loss: Chia Seeds also rank among the top plant based sources of protein. This is a great reason to consume this super seed when trying to put on muscle and burn fat.
- Dental Health: With the seeds being packed with Calcium, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, and Zinc, Chia Seeds, are a top food to help your teeth!
- Gluten-Free: Chia contains no gluten or grains!
Our favorite way to add chia seeds to our day is to make a chia-pudding! Just add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to 1 cup of your favorite milk, such as almond milk or coconut milk. Then sprinkle in fresh fruit like pineapple or mango, and allow to gel for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator. Then you have a delicious-and tropical-pudding containing all of the health benefits of chia seeds!